Collection of personal information:
4. AURA Interactive is concerned with the protection of your privacy. We support the ten National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
5. AURA Interactive only collects information about you when you provide it to us.
6. Information sent by your web browser may be automatically collected. This information typically includes your domain name (ie the domain after the @ in your e-mail address). It may also contain your user name (ie the name before the @ in your e-mail address). Other examples of information collected by our server include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, operating system and platform, the average time spent on the AURA Interactive website, pages viewed, information searched for, access time, websites visited before and other relevant statistics. The amount of information sent depends on the settings you have on your web browser.
Use and disclosure of personal information:
7. Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide products and services to you;
- Collect payments and to administer your account;
- Provide you with updated or new information about our products and services;
- For development of existing and new products and services;
- Maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems;
- Promote our and our suppliers’ other products and services to you.
8. In providing our products and services or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to third party organisations, including:
- Outsourced service providers;
- Our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors;
- Regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law;
- Our related organisations.
9. All information sent by your web browser will be used only to assist us for the purposes of providing an effective service on the AURA Interactive website. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party websites from which it is possible to link to the AURA Interactive website with information relating to the number of users linking to the AURA Interactive website from such third party website. You will not personally be identifiable from this information.
10. AURA Interactive may use the information that it automatically receives from your web browser to see which pages you visit within the AURA Interactive website, which website you visited before coming to ours, and where you go after you leave. AURA Interactive can then develop statistics that are helpful to understanding how our visitors use this website. We may use this information to measure the use of the AURA Interactive website and to administer and improve the AURA Interactive website. Once aggregated for statistical purposes, you will not be personally identified from this information. This statistical data is interpreted by AURA Interactive in its continuing effort to present the AURA Interactive website content that visitors are seeking in a format they find most helpful.
11. AURA Interactive may store some information on your computer such as cookies when you visit the AURA Interactive website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to the hard drive of a visitor’s computer for record-keeping purposes. This information facilitates your use of the AURA Interactive website. You can erase or choose to block this information from your computer if you want to. Erasing or blocking such information may limit the range of features available to you on the AURA Interactive website.
12. AURA Interactive will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of any information you provide to us.
13. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
Links to other sites:
15. You have the right to access personal information we hold about you subject to the restrictions provided by law. We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you are concerned about our use of your personal information, or if you would like to review or change the information you have supplied us with, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Privacy”. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for access to this information.
Further Information on Privacy:
16. You may obtain further information regarding privacy issues in Australia by visiting the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au